Friday, February 12, 2010

Another restoration- Gibson Tenor Ukulele

Lizzie, who plays with Ukulele Loki's Gadabout Orchestra told me at the Denver Uke Fest that her boyfriend had her grandmother's ukulele and it needed some work. When I went to pick it up it turned out to be a Gibson Style 1 Tenor! The bridge pin holes were worn out so I plugged them, re-drilled and put new pins and strings on it. That was all it needed! This uke sounds fantastic! Bright and loud, more like a concert than a tenor. Notice the unique body shape and the 12 fret neck. The only thing I don't like about these is that Gibson used the same headstock for soprano and tenor, it seems small for a tenor! The original keystone shaped tuners still work great, fyi!



1 comment:

  1. Can you further explain plugging & re-drilling the bridge? I have an old Martin Tenor that has a similar problem

    ReplyDelete